Hello!

12:52 AM

So it was a weird day today. Etsy featured one of my items on facebook and so being the curious person i am, I went to read all the comments. And reread the negative ones again and again. It was hurtful I won't deny it. Having someone criticize your own handmade item and people pointing fingers accusing me of promoting bad intentions was just the perfect way to start my wanting to quit etsy. I even saw this lady commenting on how she feels like revoking her etsy membership after seeing my 'distastful' item. It really hurt, because I had no bad intentions at all. All I wanted to do was to make a fun bag which was funny and to make people smile. I really don't understand how people can judge so quickly and say such hurtful remarks. But then again I know we can't please everbody so I've really got to take things with a pinch of salt.
Well, moley is afterall my best selling item so I'm not gonna be ashamed of it!
Let's all be strong!!


Mustache tote bags ready to be shipped!


Here's my friend Nad with her nad hatter tote bag! Isn't the resemblance uncanny? Haha she's awesome! :)

Hope everyone will have a great week!



- Posted using BlogPress from my blueberry

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I confess I too have been discouraged with other people's opinions. I've had terribly rude customers that made me just want to quit and give up! Thankfully my wonderful husband has always encouraged me to keep my dream alive and not let others push me to failure! Because that's how I would look at it for the rest of my life. I'm glad I've continued with my shop and have had many wonderful experiences that far out weigh the bad!

    So keep your chin up, keep doing what your good at! And don't let someone's rude behavior affect who you are! That's the fun of having etsy is seeing different shops express themselves. If they were all the same and fit a mold it would be boring!!

    Have a wonderful week!
    ~Sarah :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah,
    thank you for your encouragement and kind words. :)
    I do feel very much encouraged and I will not let another incident like this thwart my love for art.
    I really like your things! :)
    Thank you again,

    have a great week!
    - Grace :D

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook